Saturday, May 24, 2014

Double Take

I'm inclined to say that it is very atypical to post a look featuring someone else, but Karsyn is one of my fashion soul sisters.  Something that I love about fashion is the many avenues that it can take.  For instance, Karsyn and I's style have the same roots but have taken different directions.  The two of us lean toward the hipster style, but she is more retro and I prefer grunge.  Now let's talk about these looks!  Now that summer is upon us, it's time for shorts.  Can I be honest with you?  I really don't like shorts; due to the fact that I am rather curvy it is hard to find shorts that look both stylish and somewhat conservative.  I really like the tights under the shorts because not only does it cover more leg, but it adds texture and contrast.  I feel like with high-waisted comes crop top, that is a personal opinion.  Jean shorts, Doc Martens, and crop tops are my go-to summer looks because there are so many options.  Maybe wear different color Docs with different crop tops or graphic tees to change it up.  To finish my look I added a dramatic necklace and the infamous hat(the hat that I never wear, just carry).  Karsyn, Karsyn, Karsyn, this stylish gal, though typically more Taylor Swiftian, is rocking a vintage, grunge look here.  I love how our outfits contrast each other in color, but are centralized by the denim.  Karsyn's light-wash overalls and white Converse are tied together wonderfully by her grey graphic tee.  I love a graphic tee or crop top under overalls, again, a personal opinion.  To top off Karsyn's look she wears a floral snap-back, another very trendy addition.  Don't be afraid to strut your stuff fashionistas! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment